Monday, July 8, 2013

Monday: In the Mail

As I believe I've mentioned before, I have pen pals. It's one of my favorite things. It all started when I met my friend Kelly Jo in Branson the summer before we started kindergarten. Kelly Jo and I kept in touch via letters (that our parents started for us because we couldn't yet read/write) because she lived in Green Bay, Wisconsin and I lived in Missouri. In May, I wrote a Travel Bug post about my trip out to LA to visit her several years ago.

Well the tradition continues. There is something just so fun about getting mail. Real mail. Letters and cards, not bills and bank statements (adulthood sucks!).  So when my friend Jessica suggested we become pen pals a few months ago, I was ecstatic! Since then, I've also started writing some girls from college: Aly who lives in Springfield, Tori who lives in DC, and my friend Cali who now lives in Kansas.  And, I must say, they are the best and I'm by far getting the better end of the deal. My friends are awesome, creative, travel frequently which means lots of post cards, and have way prettier handwriting than me! Sometimes I even get little trinkets and goodies in the mail!

I thought it might be fun to share some of the mail that I get from time to time. Having pen pals makes it exciting to browse cute stationary stores and fun shops and give you an excuse to buy pretty paper and those note cards that are always in the $1 bin at Target! Definitely a weakness of mine.

Last week my dear friend Aly sent me an adorable card with a little extra surprise:

 

 
NESTING DOLL MAGNETS! Nesting dolls are my favorite and I've been looking for these magnets all over the place. And one day they just showed up in my mailbox! Happy dance for sure! Thanks Aly!


2 comments:

  1. Those are so adorable! I need to go looking for some goodies for you this weekend!

    ReplyDelete