Friday, May 31, 2013

Travel Bug: Los Angeles, CA

Every now and then I will be featuring posts about my travels.  I have a perpetual case of the travel bug that never gets satisfied.  Traveling also consumes a big bulk of my bucket list: visit every US state, touch every ocean, go to every continent (except Antarctica, brr!), etc.

Today's feature is my trip to LA in 2005. This story starts way back during the summer before I started 1st grade. Although I vaguely remember it, I met a girl my age in a campground pool at Branson, Missouri and we became instant friends. Kelly Jo was from Green Bay, Wisconsin. At the end of our vacation, our parents swapped home addresses so we could become pen pals. Our parents had to write letters for us at first because we were just learning how to read and write. We stayed pen pals all the way through high school and even visited each other several times starting in middle school. 

After she graduated high school, Kelly Jo made the huge move to Los Angeles. In 2005 -the summer before my sophomore year of college- my friend Kaylan and I went to visit Kelly Jo. It was my first flight across the country without my parents and it was a blast! We went to Venice Beach and Zuma Beach, the Hollywood sign, the (then) Kodak Theatre, the Chinese Theatre, saw some of the Hollywood Stars, Sunset Boulevard, shopping (of course), a Dodgers game, had a bonfire on the beach, and even drove by the Brady Bunch house.
 


Kelly Jo

Kaylan and I on Venice Beach


 
 



 

2 comments:

  1. Didn't you date that dude to the right of you?? LOL

    PS. My next post was going to be a travel post too! Great minds think alike :)

    ReplyDelete