Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Bucket List: Read all the B&N Classics

I've always had an infatuation with reading. During my grade school days, I LOVED when it would rain so that I could stay inside during recess and read. Lame, huh?  That might explain some of my social awkwardness. :) I definitely preferred book order delivery days to, say, trick-or-treating for Halloween.

In middle school I became intrigued with classic literature. My dad (who rarely reads) told me about his favorite book -Great Expectations- so I biked to the local public library, checked out the Charles Dickens classic, read it in a matter of days, and was hooked.

I didn't have a lot of extra time in college for pleasure reading. But after grad school, I made a trip to Barnes and Noble and picked up one of their "Classics" book lists. Shortly after, I made my first official bucket list and it included "Read all of the Barnes and Noble Classics." There are a total of 186 books on this list. I've also added a few modern classic literature books to another list such as 1984, Catch-22, etc.  I started to tackle the B&N classics list the summer of 2010. Because I frequent thrift stores with my clients, it's become my personal quest to find all of these books for my own little library. Of the 186 books on the classics list, I own 141 and I've read 34 of them. I have a long way to go, but hopefully I have a long life ahead of me to accomplish this bucket list goal. I'll feature some of my favorite books on the blog along the way.



What is your favorite classic literature book?

No comments:

Post a Comment